When I got engaged back in September of 2017, I had no idea just how much my world would change overnight. I went from secretly pinning wedding ~inspo~ in the dead of night to showing my fiancé my secret boards. I mean, I had a FIANCÉ! That in itself was shocking. Having been the Social Media Coordinator of Revelry for over a year at the time, gazing at wedding photos all day wasn’t new to me. I mean, I was in the industry -- it was pretty expected. What WAS unexpected, however, was just how overwhelmed I felt once the dust settled and I realized I had a 175 person wedding to plan in just over a year. Cue: The panic.
The Revelry community saw me through my Try-On Party, Bachelorette, and Bridal Shower. They came with me to bridal expos, voted on how I should do my hair and makeup, picked my invitations, helped me find my dream dress, and watched as my day came together. They comforted me during freakouts, laughed with me during bluders, and made me feel like I had thousands of virtual bridesmaids cheering me on and holding me up, all around the world.
Bandie Top: Cabernet Sequin + Skylar Skirt: Cabernet Tulle | Bandie Top: Cabernet Sequin + Mila Skirt: Cabernet Sequin | Rosalie: Cabernet Tulle | Chloe: Black Tie Sequi | Penelope: Cabernet Tulle | Rosalie: Cabernet Tulle | Ivy Top: Cabernet Sequin + Mila Skirt: Cabernet Sequin | Chloe: Cabernet Sequin | Chloe: Black Tie Sequin | Sadie Top: Cabernet Sequin + Skylar Skirt: Cabernet Tulle | Hazel: Cabernet Sequin
So, as I got more and more advice from my Revelry family, an idea quickly occurred to us: What if I documented my entire wedding process with the community? That’s how our Sunday series, #FinallyTheBride, was born. Each and every Sunday I’ll share what I’d learned, ask for advice, and answer questions to build a community of brides and babes helping each other plan their beautiful big days!
While there’s still plenty to do post-I dos (like change my name, finish getting those “thank you” notes out, review my vendors, and find places for all of my new kitchen appliances), it feels surreal that the wedding planning is over. My day has come and gone, and while it’s bittersweet, I couldn’t have imagined doing it without this beautiful community.
So, as I send off my dress to get preserved and put away all of my themed veils (if you follow me, you know I had a ZILLION veils for every occasion), I couldn’t be more thankful for the journey of a lifetime. While I’ll still be at Revely and Finally The Bride, my role as a bride-to-be planning her day is officially over. Instead, I’m so excited to pass the torch (or veil, if you will) on to new brides, new journeys, and new weddings as together we create more memories and make more friends!
Meet Our New Brides!
As soon as I got back from my honeymoon, the Revelry team and I jumped into gear to find five fabulous new brides to share their stories. We received tons of applications from brides around the country, and after lots of deliberation, we chose five women with unique stories, journeys, and plans for their big days. We're so excited to follow Sarah, Mari, Victoria, Dee, and Megan as they plan their weddings with the Revelry community now that they're each #FinallyTheBride!
"Every wedding has the essentials: videographer, photographer, florist, etc. But what I really want to discover and share with the Revelry community is how to make your wedding day YOU. Making it personal and not a Pinterest overload or generic is my main goal. Also, working on how to get your partner excited about planning! I love how involved Steffan is, and we want to help others enjoy this time and make a joint experience through and through!" -Sarah
5 Fun Facts About Sarah
- Wedding Date & Location: 9/1/19 in Hollidaysburg, PA
- Upscale garden party wedding theme with lots of greenery, blushes, and candles
- How She Describes Her Relationship: Supportive, adventurous, and brewery enthusiasts
- Her fiance is actually her brother’s best friend!
- ”We are getting married on my grandparents' wedding anniversary. My pap passed away 2 years ago and was unable to see any of his grandkids get married, so this is for him and to honor the love him and my grandma exemplified for us!”
"I love all things paper, calligraphy, and stamps so my invites are my dream DIY project. I can't wait to share with everyone my ideas for the invitations, save-the-dates, handwriting tips, and creating a cohesive looks with all of your paper good. Also, I love to gab about weddings, so I'm thrilled to just talk about all of the planning with the community nonstop!" -Mari
5 Fun Facts About Mari
- Wedding Date & Location: 10/12/19 in Millersville, MD
- As serious world travelers, she knew she NEEDED to get married outside.
- How She Describes Her Relationship: Playful, passionate, and genuine
- Their son, Brian, turns 9 just one week before their wedding!
- ”I’m an “planner” but also a calculated procrastinator, which should make for an interesting 9 months of planning left until the wedding.”
"I'm really excited to share what this journey looks like as a teacher. As a special education teacher in Austin, planning is a HUGE part of my job description. I'm eager to help other brides organize, stay on their schedules, and help them learn HOW to go about planning everything. I have been a part of many weddings, but planning your own is a totally different ball game. I definitely felt lost on how to start and want to help other brides feel a little more stress-free!" -Victoria
5 Fun Facts About Victoria
- Wedding Date & Location: 12/6/19 in Austin, TX
- She’s a special education teacher and met her fiance while working together at a camp for children with special needs.
- How She Describes Her Relationship: Goofy, weird, opposites
- Her engagement ring is a blue sapphire they purchased while Christmasing in Mexico
- ”My biggest goal is to make sure every aspect of our wedding is about who we are, our relationship, and the life we want to build together afterwards.”
”I’m just so excited to share everything with the Revelry community. I am envisioning lots of DIY elements, and I can't wait to get some opinions. Everyone who follows Revelry has an interest in wedding so it will be really helpful to all plan together!
5 Fun Facts About Dee
- Wedding Date & Location: 5/16/20 in Waterford, CT
- She’s having a spring mansion wedding with tons of flowers, candles, and fairytale romantic elements
- How She Describes Her Relationship: Quirky, funny, romantic
- Their dog, Beasley, is absolutely the love of their lives.
- ”On the way to pick up our puppy (now a 50 pound pup!), we made a detour in Savannah, where my fiancé had hired a photographer and captured our entire surprise proposal on camera!”
I’m a big planner, so I'm really excited about all of the DIY ideas I have for the wedding to make it personable. The most important element, however, is that I would like to include my ‘fur-babies’ as much as possible!"
5 Fun Facts About Megan
- Wedding Date & Location: 9/12/20 in Drums PA
- She started dating her fiance seven years ago, and yes, they’re high school sweethearts!
- How She Describes Her Relationship: Fun, loving, unique
- Their wedding theme is forest chic, so lots of greens and golds, eucalyptus, and a natural beauty vibe.
- ”We’re OBSESSED with our dogs and need to include them any and all ways we can!”
We are beyond excited to follow Sarah, Mari, Victoria, Dee, and Megan as they plan their special days with the help of the Revelry family. Tune in on our Instagram stories every Sunday for updates and join our exclusive Facebook group, Revelry IRL, for inside tips, advice, and support from like-minded brides around the world!